Google Adsense

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday: Toddler Approved

This week, we have Kristina from Toddler Approved, an awesome blog with so many wonderful ideas for toddlers on up! Please stop by and show her some love and appreciation for guest blogging here today.

Hi, I'm Kristina over at Toddler Approved. I am thrilled to be here at Lori's blog today! I am currently a stay-at-home mom with two kids (ages 4 and 1) and in my past life :) (before kids) I was a National Board certified elementary school teacher who taught a special day class for children with mild to severe disabilities. My blog is just a way to help make our lives a little bit more educational, creative, and fun. I blog alongside of one of my best friends and am loving all of the new people I have met through this experience.
I have loved reading through many of the previous Wishlist Wednesday posts and really have had a difficult time trying to decide what to share with you today. I am a pretty simple mom. We make do with what we have when we want to create and we have far too many crafty supplies. We love books and I would love rooms full of them, but my husband would probably go a little bonkers if we added any more to our collection! One thing that has been on my mind a lot lately is who I am becoming as a mom and an educator for my children. Last week I wrote a post sharing Eight Ways to Deal with Anger as a Parent because I have been struggling with that lately. So today I thought I would share with you my "mom wish list." If my kids could express it, this would be their wish list. I am a work in progress on all of these items!
Make a wish, www.toddlerapproved.com
I wish for a mom who...
  • says yes every time that I ask her to come play with me
  • looks for the good in me each day and then teaches me to DO good through her example
  • is well rested and energetic and takes good care of herself
  • teaches me to be a good friend to others 
  • allows me the independence I need to grow and learn on my own
  • has high expectations for me but loves me despite any silly mistakes that I make
  • always listens when I am talking and pays attention to me (doesn't multi-task while we are talking) 
That's just a start... I could go on and on. Do you have a wish list that your kids or students would make about you?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me over here today to share! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. Mine would include "...teaches me how to think, not just follow."

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful list kristina, simple and yet very powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much to Kristina for providing this wonderful post and I totally agree with everyone else, great list!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. very sweet, great reminders of where daily priorities should be

    ReplyDelete