Google Adsense

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday: Playing with Words 365

This week's guest blogger is from Playing with Words 365. She has freebies, activities, resources and best of all (in my opinion), her Thrifty Thursday linky party! Here is what she has to wish for this week.

I am SO excited to be here with you all guest blogging for Lori. I was thrilled when she asked me to be a part of her Wishlist Wednesday. What a great topic!

I wanted to start by telling you a little about myself. I am a speech language pathologist specializing in working with preschool aged children (ages 2-6) though I have a total of 15 years experience working with children of all ages and all abilities in numerous teaching environments. I also happen to be a mother to two amazing little people, E age 3 and my baby Ev who just turned one last week. I blog about a variety of things relating to being a mother and a speech pathologist but mostly I blog about children’s learning activities, most of which can be adapted to be used with children of all abilities.

So now, onto my wish! What would I wish for? Well..I am going to tell you two ;)


What I wish for for me...

If I could have ANYTHING to use in my classroom at home (with my own kids), my "classroom" when I am working as a speech pathologist, and as a blogger, the answer was REALLY simple. 

A new camera.

Photography happens to be a hobby of mine, but I also use my camera a ton as a blogger and a speech pathologist. As a blogger, good pictures can really help "make a post" so a good camera can help. Also, as a speech pathologist, I often use my camera to take pictures of my students/clients to make personalized learning materials for them, like social stories or picture communication systems.

OK so I won't lie...I have a decent camera now but this is Wishlist Wednesday, right?? And I wish for a


Nikon D7000.

Oh Nikon D7000 how I love thee! One day you will be mine! :D


What I REALLY wish...

As much as I want the camera, if I could wish for ANYTHING, I would actually wish for my daughter's illness to go into remission. She suffers from Juvenile Arthritis, an autoimmune disease that causes her immune system to attack her own joints causing pain, swelling, inflammation and joint damage. Every week we have to give our daughter an injection of a medication (that is actually used in Chemotherapy to treat cancer!) to suppress her overactive immune system. She is also on daily medications and our lives the last year since her diagnosis have been riddled with doctors appointments and therapies. So, I wish for remission for my daughter and hopefully a CURE for this disease that effects over 300,000 children in the US.

Doesn't she deserve to be pain free?

Thank you so much Lori for giving me the opportunity to be a part of your awesome Wishlist Wednesday! Feel free to come by and say Hi at Playing With Words 365 Cheers! ***********************************************************************

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Thanks for sharing ladies! And yes, Katie your precious girl does deserve to be pain free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ladies! I have a Nikon and LOVE it!! Thanks for stopping by from the hop, I'm now following back!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I hope they find a cure for this. She is just too sweet to go through any pain!

    ReplyDelete