Google Adsense

Saturday, December 17, 2011

T.E.A.C.H. Featured Posts/Pins

I am starting a new feature. Once a month I will be highlighting 5 blog posts or pins from Pinterest, one from each of the following categories: T-thrifty, E-educational, A-artsy, C-creative, and H-hands-on. Keep in mind, the nominees will not be a person or a whole blog, but a specific posting on a blog or a pin on Pinterest.


Here is a basic overview of how I will choose a blog post or pin in each category. I am open and flexible, so I probably won't stick strictly to this criteria. It just gives me a good place to start. If you would like to recommend a blog post or pin for a specific category, feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me!

Thrifty: An idea or activity that saves money or uses free/inexpensive materials such as recycled items.
Educational: Relates to content standards in one or more of the following areas: Math, Science, Social Studies, and/or Language and Literacy.
Artsy: Shows use of imagination to create something unique
Creative: A unique or different idea, thinking outside the box
Hands-On: An activity that gets children involved and engaged by physically touching or manipulating objects to help them better understand a concept or master a skill

Here are my picks for December:

Thrifty: 
Model Christmas Village by NurtureStore

Educational: 
Preschool Retelling Activity by Brenna Phillips

Artsy:
 Replicating Monet by Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational

Creative: 
Curtain Hook Portfolio Display by Stephanie Sanchez

Hands-On: 
Pencil Grip Pipe Cleaners by The Vegetarian Mom

If you were featured, please feel free to grab the button below. I recommend linking the button to this post so that your readers can see what you were featured for. Congrats!


Also, I just realized these buttons are kinda big, so if you would like a smaller version, here they are:




2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks. I'm honored to have my blog post activity featured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, Cachey Mama! Thank you for featuring our Monet-inspired water lilies! This activity was SO fun; I'm thrilled you're sharing it with others!

    ReplyDelete